Friday, April 1, 2011

The "Books Suite" at the Michelberger, Berlin

Dinner with Rory and Kelly (Snilda's girl, merchant banker,  Coen Brothers heroine ) and far too many Berlin cocktails may have hazed my judgment, especially with a 7:00 am assessment of bookshop locations at Berlin Hauptbahnhof scheduled. Is Berlin ready for an English language bookshop? If not, I am at least having a good time thinking about it. This is the cutting edge of modern culture. Rory and I avoid discussing the aesthetic ramifications of the impact of taggers on the urban landscape. I would not want to be alienated from dear son on the grounds of some philosophical contretemps. I suspect the bourgeois dimensions to this old Scotch boy will make Rorz amenable to a compromise modus vivendi with Da. (Do used car dealers have these worries in communicating with their progeny?) Afer all, his knowledge of top of the list vintage wines is superior to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment